Dr. Dan and Dr. Lisa became dentists to help people be healthy and happy. There’s nothing more rewarding for everyone in our dental office than to see the transformation when a patient’s smile is restored or refined.
You may feel it’s almost a miracle when you see your new smile after cosmetic dentistry. We feel that way too! That moment is like the “reveal” on home makeover shows. Our patients’ faces could light up a room when they first see their own transformation!
for Willmington Smiles
- Removing years of coffee, soda, or tobacco stains with our smile whitening treatments
- Restoring the strength and appearance of your smile with durable porcelain veneers
- Balancing the look of your smile with crown lengthening and tooth recontouring
- Rebuilding your smile’s function and aesthetic with a Full Mouth Reconstruction
The options for cosmetic dentistry are created and refined all the time, and just like all of the services provided at Phelps Family Dentistry, we keep up with the changes with ongoing training and the addition of technology that helps us help our patients. This training and education, along with 25 years of dental experience, ensure that the treatments you receive are permanent and lasting, keeping you smiling for years to come!
The majority of procedures which fall into the cosmetic dentistry category are thought to be elective. Why would someone invest in a procedure that will have no impact on their overall mouth health? Because they need to feel great about their smile. Several studies have shown the power of an attractive smile, from higher social confidence to a stronger professional image. The more someone likes their smile, the more they express it and, the more someone smiles, the more benefits they’ll gain. In addition, many associate a beautiful, white, straight smile with intelligence, social status, health, and beauty.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures eliminate the necessity to hide teeth capable of causing confidence issues. In covering chips, removing stains, or other damage, closing gaps, and replacing lost teeth; cosmetic dentistry can help you love your smile.
Who’s A Suitable Cosmetic Dentistry Candidate?
Virtually any adult might be a cosmetic dental treatment candidate. Our first consideration is the overall health of the mouth. Existing dental issues like tooth decay or gum infection and inflammation will degrade the final result of any cosmetic procedure. So, attention is first provided to fundamental dental needs. With a foundation of optimal oral health, it’ll become possible to consider several cosmetic options.
Improving the appearance of one’s smile is the primary common characteristic desired by folks seeing cosmetic dentistry services. The particulars of how to accomplish this vary from person to person. Cosmetic dentistry will address various concerns, including:
- Poor proportion between the teeth and gums
- Disproportionate teeth sizing associated with the width or length of numerous teeth
- Cracks or chips in teeth or a tooth
- Slight turning of teeth or a tooth
- Gaps between teeth
- Spots on teeth or a tooth caused by intrinsic stains or fluorosis
- General discoloration that is caused by outside stains
Kinds of Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Phelps Family Dentistry will transform your smile in as few as two visits and provides these Cosmetic Dentistry services that assist you in improving your smile:
- Corrects almost any imperfection in your smile. Dark/stained teeth, spaces and gaps, crooked teeth, broken/chipped teeth, small teeth, missing teeth, gummy smiles.
- Beautiful, natural, healthy smiles. Your new smile is customized in tooth shape, color, and size to perfectly fit your facial features and structure.
- Lasting investment in yourself. Your new smile is very resistant to future wear, darkening, and staining.
- We now have done thousands of life-changing makeovers.
- We provide gentle, safe sedation. With the most recent in sedation alternatives it’s possible to obtain the smile you want and ‘snooze’ through your appointments.
- “Gummy Smiles” are caused by excess gum tissue over the teeth, which causes them to appear boxy and too short. We provide various solutions which will eliminate the look of “Gummy Smiles”.
Porcelain Crowns & Bridges
- We utilize porcelain crowns and bridges that return strength to damaged teeth and replace missing teeth. We only use porcelain for our bridges and crowns, because it mimics the reflection traits of natural enamel.
To learn more info about our cosmetic dentistry in Wilmington, NC or to arrange a consultation, call our Phelps Family Dentistry office at 910-762-3481.